How to make html page with notepad ? |HTML Tutorials #1
In the last article we learned what is HTML and what does html mean ? Now let’s quickly create a simple HTML page .
What do you need to make an HTML page ?
- Notepad or any of these software Notepad ++ , Sublime Text , Dreamweaver
- Web Browsers (To view webpage )
Rules for writing HTML code
- HTML is made of the markup tags , and each tag must have an opening and a closing , eg. <h1>Heading tag 1</h1> , but some exceptions are there like <br> it can be also written as <br>Empty tag</br> .
- Proper nesting of tags , <b><i>Bold and Italics </i></b> , the tag started first will end last .
- Markup Additional Attribute : Any additional markup attribute should be added within the opening tag only , for example , Giving ID to the heading tag <h1 id =”thisIsID”>Hello there</h1>
Let’s make a simple html page with Notepad
<h1>This is a Heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>
- Open notepad and copy paste the above code to it .
- Save as your file as .html extension instead of .txt format and now it should appear with the default web browser’s icon , click to open .
- You skip all this mess of doing so by using notepad++ , sublime text or any other web editors listed above or learn and write your code online at Jsfiddle
Coming to the explanation of the above syntax
<!DOCTYPE html> : It is the declaration of the document type .
<html> : It describes our webpage , the webpage’s design , layout , styling will apply within the <html> and </html> tags only anything before or after will appear as simple text , same applies to the the other tags .
<body> :It defines the document body, in body tag we generally put all the visible elements of our HTML page .
<h1> <p> Tags : These are some of the Markup tags used to define heading and paragraph (going to explained later).
Read this Article offline also , Download PDF Version by clicking the pdf icon
If you liked our content please Subscribe to our Website for more helpful content.